Welcome to Erique Berry Co.! If you enjoy wholesome recipes but prefer for them to quick and straightforward, you are in the right place! I created Erique Berry Co. to share all the positive and inspiring experiences I come across daily. Those experiences come in the form of cooking, loving, learning, and living in Charlotte, NC.
Hi, I am Erique! I started this blog to connect with people that love cooking, eating, and making their communities better. This blog is for everyone and anyone that loves mouth-watering recipes and the best eats around the Charlotte metro area. I plan even to throw in some of my favorite wellness and life tips. This blog truly is a place for people that want to live healthy, happy lives and change the world. I ask you to join me on this journey of committing to the process and not the project so that we can love, live, and grow our communities.
Colorful summer veggies roasted in dijon garlic butter. The summer is filled with sweet breezes, sun, and a rainbow of food. The summer brings this sense of urgency to enjoy every moment and try to fit everything and anything in a day because the days are long and memorable. I want to fill the days […]
As much as I love cooking, I also love supporting food businesses in my community. Black-owned restaurants have been disproportionately affected by the Coronavirus epidemic. To do our part, a group of friends and I joined forces to start a hashtag movement call #EatBlkCLT. As a group, we dine at these restaurants often but wanted to motivate the entire Charlotte, NC community to visit blacked-owned restaurants to offset some financial challenges caused by the Coronavirus epidemic. Currently, there are more than 800 tagged posts highlighting black-owned restaurants in Charlotte, NC, and the movement has generated over 30k social media engagements for these black-owned restaurants. If you live or plan to visit Charlotte, NC, search Instagram for the hashtag "EatBlkCLT" and find a black-owned restaurant to support. You won't be disappointed!
Three Green Summer Salad
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla extract.
4. In parts, add flour mixture to butter/egg mixture then stir in chocolate chips.
5. Scoop large spoonfuls of cookie dough on to cookie sheet.
6. Space cookies about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 11-12 minutes or until cookies are a light golden brown.
8. Let cookies rest for 1-2 minutes then serve or transfer cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling.